USC’s institutional membership in a number of national and international organizations entitles USC instructors to benefit from each entity’s offerings. Explore resources, attend online events, and join communities. Learn how to access membership benefits on each organization’s website. Please contact us at email@example.com if you need assistance.
With the university’s membership in the Sloan Consortium (Sloan-C)—a professional leadership organization for online education—USC faculty and support staff can take advantage of an array of Sloan-C publications and events, including discounts on a wide range of workshops and an annual conference. Sloan-C supports the collaborative sharing of knowledge and best practices to improve online education in learning effectiveness, access, affordability for learners and providers, and student and faculty satisfaction. You may also sign up for the Sloan-C email list to get updates on upcoming workshops, webinars, conferences, and more.
Every faculty and staff member at USC is considered a member, but each needs his or her own Sloan-C account login and password. If you do not have an account already, please register by following these steps:
- Click here to register your account.
- Once you click on the “Create New Account” button, you will be automatically brought to your “Account Profile” page.
- Please fill out whatever information you’d like on that page, the most important being your USC affiliation. This will affiliate your account with your institution.
- Click on “Save” at the bottom and the system will now recognize you as a member.
- EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI)
- Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching (MERLOT)
- New Media Consortium (NMC)
- The Sloan Consortium (Sloan-C)