Besides offering regularly scheduled training workshops throughout the academic year, Learning Design & Technology (LD&T) also provides group and customized training for USC faculty and staff about how to use evolving technologies to support teaching and learning.
For example, Blackboard-certified trainers are available to present customized, face-to-face training workshops for groups of five or more. Workshops can cover single or multiple topics.
Popular training topics include:
- Blackboard 101: an introduction
- Assessment: creating tests and surveys
- Assignments: creating, grading, and returning assignments to students
- Blackboard Basics: setting up and organizing a course, making it available, getting help
- Grade Center: setting up and using Blackboard’s Gradebook
- Turnitin and GradeMark: checking for originality, providing student feedback, grading work
- Using Multimedia: uploading, embedding, and using multimedia content
For one-on-one or departmental consultations, or to schedule a live training session for five or more people, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.